Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bad Diva! Sit! Entitlement.

So in reading my post from yesterday I was thinking about the difference between I'm worth it and You Owe Me.

The difference is one word and a whole lot of drama. The word is entitlement. And entitlement is the root of so much misery. The belief that the world exists to serve my needs actually does nothing for me except make me pissed off when it turns out to be untrue.

So the key to happiness seems to be negotiating a fine balance between pursuing my goals and being grateful for what I have.

I'm in Philly in the middle of a sound check. I'd like to have the time and space to expound on my theory that the Bad Diva needs to shake the entitlement and regain a sense of gratitude and wonder.

I'd love to have the space to do that. Will I pout about that today? No, I don't think so. I'm going to get my big girl panties on and do the show. Because that's what the Good Diva does.

No comments: